Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An Easter Egg Hunt on Mother's Day!

On Mother's Day, we went to my mom's house for a combination Mother's Day/Belated Easter celebration. My mom and stepdad were on vacation in Europe, so they missed the whole Easter Egg hunt thing with Nick. Actually, though, the weather was much nicer on Sunday than it was anytime around Easter!





















In fact, it was so sunny on Sunday that much of Nick's candy melted. We all loved the time outside, though. Funny how our weather changed in just a few days. Here in Northern Illinois, we went from daytime temps topping out in the 40s and 50s last week to 92 degrees today. Crazy stuff.




















Compared with last year, Nick was pretty independent with his egg-hunting. Once he figured out there were cookies and candies inside the eggs, he was very excited.






Nick kept trying to get his grandpa to open up the shed. He thought there might be cows in there.





















Later this week, I'll post about the neat painting project Nick and I did for all of his grandmas for Mother's Day. I have some pics of that as well. I've been kind of tired the last few weeks, and now that I'm down to the last month of this pregnancy, the doctor visits have been taking up a lot of my blogging time. Each week, now until this baby is born, I have an IV iron infusion, at least one doctor visit, and two NSTs (non stress tests). Man, am I ever glad that pregnancy only lasts nine months!



No comments:

Post a Comment