Monday, May 23, 2011

An Evening on the Riverwalk, Part One

On Friday, just for a change, Greg and I took Nick out to dinner and to the Riverwalk. We had dinner at Ted's Montana Grill, and enjoyed buffalo burgers and fries. Nick's favorite part was the shake. He shared a chocolate shake with Greg, and it was all he could talk about. "I eat my shake now?"



















I love the buffalo burgers there--I've been craving meat lately, and a medium-rare buffalo burger is about the best kind of protein I can imagine.

After dinner, we walked around a bit and saw the sights. It was a lovely, warm night. We haven't had many of those this spring, so it was pretty crowded. There was a guitar player on the sidewalk, and Nick loved dancing to the music. We practically had to drag the boy away. I think we're going to be shelling out for music lessons in a few years. Nick was asking for a guitar repeatedly.

I love the way that toddlers dance. They're completely un-selfconscious, in a way that most people can only be after they've had a few drinks. Nick dances with such joy.  :)


























More tomorrow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment