Monday, May 16, 2011

Daddy's Little Helper (Kind of)

This weekend, Greg did a lot of furniture moving and assembly, all in preparation for Baby 2.0. I found this cool shelf at Target--it has nine square holes that can fit fabric boxes. My goal is to use it for Nick's clothes and some of his toys and books. Nick helped put it together. . . in a way. He used his toy hammer to bang on it while Greg hammered in the nails.






















We've been working on getting the boy's room ready to fit two boys. Actually, the closet in the boys room is for three boys: Greg and both kids. I am lucky enough to have the master walk-in closet all to myself. Greg and I decided when we bought this house that sharing a closet might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so we've never gone there. Instead, there's one closet for the males and one for the females. I think it's a pretty fair deal.




















By the end of this weekend, our goal is to finish the boys' room and get as much as we can ready for the baby. We have a to-do list that is really, really long. Good thing we have a little helper.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little helper! He will love a little brother! Nice you have your own closet, awesome hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn. Nick is going to tease a little brother, of that I'm sure. ;)

    As for the closet, that's just a matter of survival. My husband organizes things very differently than me. I'm afraid sharing a closet would be very, very bad. Better to let the boys share.

    ReplyDelete