Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Visit With Grandpa Mike and Grandma Patty





















This week, my dad and stepmom came over to celebrate my birthday, along with my sister and her boyfriend. June is a hugely busy month in my family, with birthdays for me, my sister, and my maternal grandmother. Then there's father's day thrown into the mix. I suppose it's a good thing that all of this falls when I'm on summer vacation, because there's more time to celebrate.  Nick is lucky enough to have four grandmas and three grandpas, and he's a first grandchild, too. That means he is the star of everything. All attention is focused squarely on him. He loves it.






In the photo above, Nick is pointing at the pond in back of our house and announcing, "Water!" Then, he started mimicking my dad and saying, "Dirty Water." Indeed it is.







































Thank goodness it didn't rain during the visit. Nick got to run around outside and spend some time with someone other than me. (I do believe I'm old news now that I'm home with him 24/7.) Grandpa Mike and Grandma Patty brought Nick a special new toy--a miniature shopping cart, which he loved. They also brought me a delicious cake with a yummy cream cheese frosting. Everyone sat out on the lawn and watched him while Greg cooked up some yummy steaks with sauteed fingerling potatoes.




Nick's Auntie Mandy spent her time snapping amazing pictures of Nick, and she gets full photo credits. I especially like the photo above because my dad and Nick have similar stances and expressions. I can see the resemblance between them. They're both walking in a very deliberate and serious way towards the guacamole. (Greg made his homemade guacamole, and it was a success.) Nick's just like his grandpa--serious about good food.

1 comment:

  1. he's starting to get his little boy face...not the baby face so much anymore. it's neat to watch them change...

    ReplyDelete