Monday, June 14, 2010

One of the Best Things About Summer. . .

is going to the farmers' markets with my husband and son. Last week, we went to the Oswego Country Market, and we enjoyed ourselves. Part of it, I think, is just being able to be outside and enjoy the morning air. Nick likes it when people bring their puppies to the markets.



















On Sunday, we bought asparagus, peaches, spinach, fingerling potatoes, salad dressing, tomatoes, and onions. They were all pretty fresh, and the rainbow fingerling potatoes were my favorite this week. They were delicious in olive oil.






















Nick absolutely loved the hot cinnamon doughnuts that they sold. He got sugar in some pretty weird places, like the crook of his knees and up behind his ears. After finishing our shopping, we went walking by the river and let Nick play in the park. When he saw the park up in the distance, he screamed with glee and started running, full force, towards the slide. Nicholas was vibrating with excitement and kept pointing and screaming, "Whee!" as he ran. The swings were his favorite, I think. . . especially this big boy swing.





Sometimes I feel kind of guilty, because I have such a high energy kid. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a high energy mom. He is eager for any kind of exercise, and I am exceptionally good at finding excuses to sit on the couch with a good book. Perhaps Nick is good for me, in that sense, although he's also exhausting. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, because I'm thinking of taking him for a long walk and then for a run and a climb in the park. That should tire him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment