Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mother's Day

It's happening, folks. I'm actually writing a blog post about what happened today, rather than a few weeks ago. Happy Mother's Day!

That's Little Einstein in Henry's hand. He's rather attached. 


































I can do this because I actually got quite a bit accomplished today. Here's how my mother's day went down: Greg woke up early with the boys and took them to the grocery store to get breakfast supplies. Then he made bacon and waffles for me. The boys were not any help whatsoever. I woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon around 8:30, and came down for caffeine delight and syrupy goodness. Oh, and happy shrieking and fighting. I have little boys, you know.

Not the best picture of me, but Henry looks really cute. 























Nick gave me some presents he made in school. He was quite, um, creative, don't you think?


















No, I'm not 46 years old. Nick's counting skills are off by about ten years, as is his formation of the letter "k." And I have no idea what funny clothes he's talking about. But he's right about the cookies.




































 I think those are flowers in the picture. Oh, and he has a habit of getting lazy when writing his name. I asked him who Moch is and he got irritated. On my special new cookbook he wrote Nich. Sigh. I guess Nich is part of his name, and a k is harder to make than an h.




































The boys chose the balloon for me. Little boys have a hard time picking out gifts for other people, so they just pick out things they want for themselves. Like a balloon bigger than their heads and a card that sings.



































Greg also brought me the roses. He's going to redo one of the flowerbeds in the backyard for me, too, and get us a bench to sit on. I suspect the neighborhood cats will hang out there as well. Oh, and Greg took the boys out for me today as well, so that I could get some work done. The Morton Arboretum was their destination, and they stayed for over two hours. They got very dirty so they had a blue bath. Good times with bath foam.

















While they were out, I managed to write a paper for the grad school class I'm taking tomorrow night, edit a Power Point for the grad school class I'm teaching on Tuesday night, purchase a lot of junk on the Internet, and work on some curriculum I'm doing for this writing gig. Oh, and I ate lots of junk. The doctor put me on prednisone for my asthma, and it makes me crabby and hungry. VERY hungry. Good thing Greg made dinner. Shrimp and pasta with a spinach and berry salad with goat cheese. I like goat cheese.


































I hope your Mother's Day was as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment