Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy Easter 2014 (Yup. I'm posting this very late.)

Nope, this post is not about the family of rabbits living under our porch stairs, though those are pretty cute. (I will think so until and only until the first rabbit gets into my garden, after which time I will fervently wish for a hawk to visit.) Instead, this is a late post about our Easter. Over the last two weeks, I've picked up a tutoring job, a curriculum writing job, and a graduate teaching job, all in the evenings. When you add that to the graduate school course I'm taking, it all becomes a bit much. Anyhow, back to the bunny.



































If we were hoping to sleep in, our hopes were dashed by the 6 a.m. wake-up knocking from two very excited boys. There is no snooze button on little kids, unfortunately. This is what they were looking at down the stairs.


















The Easter Bunny brought them a basket full of goodies, and they were very eager to open their baskets. The next hour was a blur of activity, as they gave their dolls baths, counted money in Nick's new cash register, and flung plastic screws around the living room from Henry's new drill.



































It's a good thing I'm pretty tolerant of chaos, because chaos reins in my home.



































Nick loved his new cash register (with real play money, as Nick would say). One of the skills he does not have on his preschool checklist is an awareness of coins and cash. No surprise there, since we use our debit cards for everything.



































I wanted to make our breakfast a little bit special, so I looked to Pinterest and made these bunny pancakes. They were consumed with relish by my little garbage disposals.



































After our yummy breakfast, we got all dressed up and headed to my mom and stepdad's house, where a seemingly endless supply of plastic eggs greeted us all around the backyard. (Thanks to my sister for all the great photos!)

Henry was better at this egg-finding business than we thought he'd be. 



































Nick wanted to open every egg to see what was inside. 



































Henry tried so hard to reach this egg. . .


































. . . but he ended up needing some help. 

















This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of the boys. 




































Grandpa Ray likes to play rough-and-tumble games with Nick and Henry. 




































Auntie Mandy got Henry to grin really big! (Well, it was that or the chocolate.)



































This is the only picture I could find with my sister in it. From left: me, my mother, my sister, and my grandmother.

















As I was writing this tonight, Henry looked at the picture below and told me, "That's me! I was waving and Nick kicked me."



































Our Easter was pretty fun, but it was also exhausting. Everyone but Greg fell asleep in the car, and he probably would've too, if he hadn't been driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment