Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tummy Bug and Ravioli Mess

Poor Nick picked up a tummy bug today. Greg left work early to take him to the doctor. Just a random virus, but I'm still glad the doctor checked him out.

I guess it's nothing serious, and I suppose the multiple diaper explosions over the last two days were more than just a hint that it's time to switch to the size 4 diapers. Although we'll do that anyways.





He seemed fine all evening, but he was very subdued and kept making the sign for sleep/tired. At least I think that's what he's doing. It sure looks like the sign we've been teaching him, and he only does it when he's tired.

Nick did, however, show particular interest in his dinner. I gave him spinach ravioli with tomato and mushroom sauce, canned pears, wheat bread, and half a slice of cheddar cheese. He ate quite a bit of it for a little guy. I had to take a picture, though, because he was so cute with the tomato sauce all over him. Greg's mom was over visiting Nick this evening, and she gave him a bath. How else would we get him clean? We let him splash around in the warm water for a good fifteen minutes, and he was happy as a clam. Then he went to sleep instantly.

I hope he's feeling better tomorrow. The doctor said he can go back to the babysitters, but I still wish I could stay home and snuggle with him. I can remember being sick as a kid; all I wanted was my mommy. Ah, well. Tomorrow is Friday and after school I can just take him home and relax. I have a three day weekend to look forward to, as well. I really need it, and I think Nick does, too.

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss the days where they get sick every few months. blech. stomach flu going around at ben's school...i need to start hosing him down with hand sanitizer. lol.

    ReplyDelete