Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chef Nicholas and I Whip Up Strawberry Nutella Pop Tarts!

First of all, I have to give credit to The Novice Chef for this amazingly simple recipe. I found it on Pinterest and couldn't resist making it right away.


































This recipe was so simple. Nick took an egg yolk and a teaspoon of water and stirred them together.



















Then we rolled out some ready-made pie crust dough and cut it into rectangles.


















I used a sharp knife to cut little hearts into half of the rectangles, and then I cut strawberries lengthwise to make them into heart shapes. Nick ate strawberries and used a butter knife to spread a layer of Nutella spread and then one of strawberry preserves onto the plain pie crust (the side without the heart).




































Then, we put the heart pie piece on top of the filling-covered piece, and Nick used a fork to crimp the edges. He even used a brush to put the egg yolk mixture on the edges.



































Finally, we sprinkled coarse cane sugar on top and popped them in a 350 degree oven for about 14 minutes. They turned out great!


















Henry loved his so much that he cried when it was all gone.


















I had to give him Henry snuggles to make him feel better. Someday soon, I have to have Greg take Nick out so I can have Henry start helping me in the kitchen. I think he's big enough to help, and, judging by his appetite, he'll love helping me taste test the end products!


No comments:

Post a Comment