Monday, April 6, 2015

Dyeing Everything But the Easter Eggs

One messy Easter tradition that my kids love is dyeing Easter Eggs. Every year, we spill dye on the kitchen table and color a few dozen eggs. (Here's 2013.) This year, though, I bought a kit that promised "no spill." We were optimistic.
























I also bought brown eggs this year instead of white. Whoopsie.























I didn't even think about it until they were ready to be dyed. Oh, and the no-spill kit? I should've read the reviews.
























There were spills. Actually, I think there were more spills than when I just used cups.

We pretty much used a whole roll of paper towels to clean up the "spills."























Besides the mess, though, the boys had a fun time. They chose to bedazzle the eggs with glitter and sequins. Because, of course, eggs can always use more sparkle.
























The brown eggs didn't take the dye as well, but they were definitely colored. I may use white eggs again next year, though. Plus, I'll skip the "no-spill" system.
























Either way, we ended up with a lot of eggs to eat. Nick adores hard-boiled eggs. Henry, not so much.
















No comments:

Post a Comment