Monday, April 1, 2013

Dyeing Easter Eggs

Our Easter preparations were last-minute and slightly frantic, since Greg and I didn't get home from our trip until after 1 a.m. Friday morning. I wasn't going to skip dyeing eggs, though.


















On Friday night, there was quite a dilemma. As I was getting supplies ready for Easter, I realized that the boys had somehow gotten into the bag of Easter stuff I'd bought in the bedroom. The Easter egg kit was still there, but the bag containing all the pellets of dye was missing. Off to Target I went, but can you believe that they were out of Easter egg coloring kits? I had to resort to Pinterest, where I found that I could use 1T vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and 20 drops of food coloring to dye the eggs.


















The food coloring worked pretty well, which was great because of how Target had failed us.


















I also found another way to use food coloring to make tie-dyed eggs. It was pretty cool, but dyed our hands as well as the eggs. All you do is drop different colored drops of food coloring onto a few layers of Kleenex, and then wipe it on the eggs. Those were actually my favorite eggs, though my thumb was blue for hours afterwards.


















Nick was pretty good at the tie-dyeing. His eggs turned out better than mine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment