Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year was at our house. We were lucky enough to have Grandma Toni, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Jay, and baby Sophie visit us for the holiday. Doesn't Sophie look happy to be with his cousins?

We're thankful that the cousins could spend time together.  






































The boys brought home crafts they'd done at school in honor of Thanksgiving. Nick made this necklace with things he was thankful for: family, food, cat. I think they're turkey feathers.

He could actually read most of the words.  :)  Another thing I'm thankful for.






































Nick also made the infamous hand turkey, which was oh-so-obviously made by him with no teacher assistance.   :)

I love that he added the little waddle thing under the turkey's neck.







































Henry made an adorable turkey hat with things written on the turkey feathers. He was a little more, er, egocentric in his thankfulness. He was thankful for Einstein (his stuffed penguin), Mat Man (a character at school), TV, and Darth Vader. Sigh.





















Henry's hand turkey was much more polished, but obviously an adult helped with it. That's okay, though, since it was made using his hand and fingerprints. Adorable. I'm a teacher, so I have to like this kind of stuff.   :)




















Here are the boys wearing their creations.  I'm most thankful for these two guys in green.

Yup. My boys remove wallpaper and add decorative crayon to walls. They're for hire, if anyone's interested.






































Greg most of the cooking, and there was plenty of food. It was a pretty relaxed meal, which is a good thing because Henry didn't last long at the table. Everything was delicious, but my favorite dish was my mother-in-law's corn souffle. I forgot to take many pictures because we were too busy pigging out and visiting. I did, however, get a nice family shot of my sister-in-law and brother-in-law with Sophie.







































She was laughing and smiling, but then Sophie would stop and look serious when I got ready to snap a picture. This was the best one I got of her and Grandma Toni.







































I did get the boys to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving before our evening was over. Henry can say it quite clearly this year, though he more yelled it here.



It was a good Thanksgiving, though we were pretty tired when it was all through. Must be the turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment