Friday, June 17, 2011

One Week Checkup!

Guess who is back to his birthweight?







































Henry had his one-week checkup today, and he weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces. That means he is back to his birthweight at only 8 days old. We were all very excited. He's been eating like a champ, and he fits perfectly into the newborn-sized onesies.







































We had both a visit to the lactation consultant and the pediatrician today, so we all went out as a family. I think Nick was a little jealous that the doctor visit wasn't for him. He ran around in circles singing at the top of his lungs. Sigh.






































Our pediatrician was very pleased at how Henry's doing. He sleeps up to four hours at a stretch, especially at night, and he only really cries when he's hungry. Thus far, he hasn't been gassy or fussy, and his personality has been downright charming. We're hoping that he continues to be such an agreeable baby.




















We celebrated Henry's progress with a yummy lunch at Mimi's Cafe. Nick was well-behaved, and he was rewarded with mousse. It's kind of interesting going out with two children--we're still getting used to it.

Oh, and Henry is yawning in the picture above, not crying.

When we got home, I was so very tired and sore from all the running around that I fell asleep on the couch with Henry. I think one of my favorite ways to relax is reclined on the couch with a baby snuggled against me and a Nook in my hand. Ahh, the simple things in life. Nick hasn't been much for snuggling since he started walking, so it feels really nice to have someone little and cute to snuggle with again.

I'm still recovering from the c-section, and though I generally feel pretty good, I keep overdoing it because I overestimate my energy levels. Hopefully I'll have more energy next week, because Greg goes back to work and I'll be taking care of my boys solo.

1 comment:

  1. He is super cute and I'm glad he is doing well. I am glad to see you are home...

    ReplyDelete