Monday, June 20, 2011

June: The Craziest of Months

For my family, June has always been a pretty busy month. Between my birthday, my sister's birthday, and my grandmother's birthday, there are plenty of parties to go around. When you add in Father's Day, my wedding anniversary, and now Henry's birthday, June has truly become the craziest of months.


















Yesterday we went to my mom's house to celebrate three of these major June events: my grandmother's birthday, Father's Day, and the second anniversary of my sister's 29th birthday (if you know what I mean). In the picture above, Henry is reclined on Gigi's lap, and I do believe I have never seen him more relaxed. She has the magic touch.




















My mother made some really delicious chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling. Aren't they gorgeous?





















Nick got to play outside in the pool, and his favorite thing to do was empty the pool one bucketful at a time into the grass. I thought this was a wonderful way for him to expend his energy, so I had Greg buy a similar swimming pool for Nick on the way home. We'll see if he does the same thing at home, and tires himself out.




















Everybody wanted a chance to cuddle little Henry, but Nick made sure he got his share of the attention. Something tells me that my oldest son will never let anyone else take the spotlight for long. While we were fussing over the baby, check out what Nick did to get our attention. . .







































If nothing else, June in my family will never be boring, because of all the celebrations! Greg and I did plan to have a baby this time of year, so I could avoid taking unpaid maternity leave. Nick was more of a, um surprise, so his November birthday wasn't planned. But I do think summer birthdays are nice because everyone can gather outside.





































We have a lot to celebrate this year.  : )

2 comments:

  1. I think Henry and Nick look very different as babies...they both look like you guys, but in different ways. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to tell--Greg and I have similar coloring and features, so it could be either one of us. Henry is definitely blonder than Nick was--Nick had brown hair at birth and then it turned blonde later. Henry is covered from head to toe in fine, light blonde hair. Greg thinks Henry is going to look more like him. I tend to agree, but my mom says he looks just like I did as a newborn (only smaller, 'cause I was nearly 10 pounds).

    ReplyDelete