Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home from the Hospital

This afternoon we left the hospital and brought home our new little family member. Henry Michael was born Thursday morning, so his birthday is June 9th. He weighs 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and is 19 1/2 inches long. I think he looks just like my husband--Henry often has a very serious, contemplative look on his face.


 
Picture from Bella Baby Photography



















I find it amazing how quickly I was drawn to this tiny little person. I can't wait to get to know him better, and yet I want to savor every moment of his babyhood. When I hold him, he snuggles up against me in precisely the same way he did when he was inside of me.

Doesn't he look like he's smiling in this picture?



Picture from Bella Baby Photography






Henry has been a very mellow, easygoing little guy so far. He hasn't been bothered at all by the noise his big brother makes--I guess he's used to it by now.






































I took the above picture right before we left the hospital. Henry looks so tiny! I will write more this week about Henry's arrival and about how Nick is doing in his new job as a big brother. For now, here is our new family picture.


Picture from Bella Baby Photography



Now I'm going to go and get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! He looks very sweet, and that's a lovely photo of your family.

    ReplyDelete