Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Father's Day Post

My dad has always been there for me, whether he was cooking dinner, playing games, or working overtime to support us. Without my dad, I don't know how I would have made it through college. He scraped and scrimped to help me pay for classes, and bailed me out every time I drove over a beer bottle and got a flat tire (Yup, it happened more than once!). He's one of the nicest, most jovial people I know, and he'd do anything for a friend. Ten days ago, Greg and I decided to make our new son's middle name Michael, after my father. We hope that Henry Michael will be every bit as kind-hearted as his Grandpa Mike. Here he is with Grandma Patty, holding little Henry on the day he was born.









Nick and Henry are very lucky to have three Grandpas. Happy Father's Day to each of them!

Here are Grandpa Jay and Grandma Linda (Greg's father and stepmother), holding Nick last year when we went out to celebrate Father's Day.




Here is Grandpa Ray (my stepfather), holding both of his grandsons on the day Henry was born.





Of course, I cannot forget Nick and Henry's daddy. He changes diapers, he cleans bottles, he burps, he chases, he snuggles, and he even does laundry. What a wonderful father.  : )







Here is the card I made for Greg this year. I was feeling a bit creative. This is the front. . .




































Here's the inside of the card. . .
















and this is the back.





































Happy Father's Day to all of the dads and grandpas out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment