Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Story Night at Cafe n Play

I often take the boys out for a "date" on Fridays. By the end of the week, I'm mentally drained, but I do want to spend some time with the boys.  One of our favorite places to go is Cafe n Play in Naperville. It is only five minutes from my school, and the boys can relax until 8 p.m. Also, the Cafe n Play allows me to relax a bit, because I can sit on the floor with the boys and read a book while they wander around and play.


















We went last week for their story time and craft hour. Nick enjoyed the story "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake," but Henry roamed around and pretended to mop the carpet.





















The craft was fun (and messy for both boys).


















They drew with markers and painted with glitter glue.



































Nick is getting better with scissors.























Henry, on the other hand, is pretty adept at making a mess and smearing glitter glue.


















All in all, it was not a bad way to spend a Friday night. We had a sandwich there and went home just in time for bedtime. The house didn't get messy, I didn't have to cook, and I got to read for several 10 minute increments while the boys played.

No comments:

Post a Comment