Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nicholas starts oil painting

Hello, internet. I have been visiting with friends out in Iowa all week. I forgot the plug to my laptop, so I have been unplugged since last Tuesday. I have lots of stories to tell about my trip, but in the meantime, here's a quick update of what Nick has been up to with his daddy.























Greg is teaching Nick how to paint with oil paints. Yes, real oil paints, in our loft, which has off-white carpeting. I did tell Greg to make him take off his shirt, though. Nick will paint for up to a half-hour at a time. That's a pretty long attention span for a three-year-old.























Greg is very artistic. In fact, he taught himself to paint shortly after I met him. Click here and scroll down to see one of his paintings. This summer he's been painting several times a week, usually in the morning when Henry is napping. He decided that Nick is old enough to join him. Nick, according to Greg, always chooses purple, brown, and green as the main colors for his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment