Friday, July 3, 2015

Henry had a birthday party!

Henry turned 4, and we had a birthday party for him! It was actually a few weeks ago, but I've finally gotten around to putting together all of the pictures.

























Family and friends and cupcakes, what more could a little boy want?

























Wishes, of course! I think Henry got more than a few of his wishes.




I believe we were all laughing here because Henry kept incorrectly identifying the number 4. (Number Identification--on my to-do list for this summer.)



















Henry's Grandma Linda and Grandpa Ray got him Cloud Cuckoo Land, which was definitely on his wish list.

Check out the adorable little lurker in the lower left corner. (Baby Sophie)






































I don't even think Henry knew such a thing existed, but if he had, he would've wished for this Darth Vader suitcase from his Grandpa Jay and Grandma Linda. He got to use it last week, and he packed and unpacked it three times, he was so excited! I have to keep checking the suitcase, though, because he packs some odd things, like a single slice of cheese and some wood chips from the garden.





Henry does this thing lately, where we'll ask him to smile, and he'll do it really, really quick and then say, "Okay, that's enough." Thankfully Uncle Jay was quick and got this giant grin.

























Grandpa Jay showed Henry how to play with the Barrel of Monkeys.

























Ahh, the joys of dressing up. Nick and Henry were equally excited about this present because both of them got to dress up and wear Star Wars masks.

























I love this picture because the boys are in their masks, totally into their roles, and Sophie is in the background, trying to join them. It's like she's saying, "Next year, I'm totally playing too!" I wonder who she'll be?

























Oh, and my wish? I just wanted everyone to have a good time. I get really stressed out over parties. I know people who have that natural ability to make everyone feel comfortable and enjoy themselves, and I wish I had that ability. Henry, though, remembers all the people who came just for him and I know how special that makes him feel. He helped me pick out pictures for this post, and I was so surprised he remembered all the people who came.

No comments:

Post a Comment