Friday, July 17, 2015

Our Trip to Pittsburgh: Part I

This year, Greg surprised me with a little getaway to Pittsburgh for a combination birthday, Mother's Day, and Anniversary gift. We were able to have nearly four days and three nights away, sans kids, and other than the whole "sitting in a car for eight hours" part, we enjoyed every second.


Can you see the Duquesne Incline in the background? 

























The weather was cool and rainy for much of the trip, but we still enjoyed walking around checking out the city. For a medium-sized city, we thought Pittsburgh was pretty neat. Oh, and the best part? Greg planned everything. He had all of the reservations done and surprised me with the trip on my birthday. I was impressed!

























We spent a few hours walking down to Point State Park, which is where the Allegheny River and the Monongahela River meet to make the Ohio River. I loved all of the bridges.

Not my picture. We didn't take a helicopter ride. 


















Isn't it gorgeous?


























I really liked this fountain at the tip of the park, with rivers on either side and the one river ahead. The mountain in the background with all of the buildings reminded me somewhat of the Mediterranean coast. (Only somewhat. No sparkling blue waters here!) We were close enough to the park to walk from our hotel.


This, I believe, is a subway station.












































Our hotel had the most beautiful architecture. I love older buildings, especially when they're maintained, and I'm so glad Greg picked this one out.

Nope. I didn't take this picture, though it is our hotel. Google Images.















We stayed at the Omni William Penn Hotel, and it was lovely and very old school. I loved the arches and chandeliers in the lobby.


This is right before we went out to dinner to celebrate our 7th Anniversary.

























During our time in Pittsburgh, we spent a decent amount of time just sitting in the lobby, relaxing and people-watching. One afternoon I ordered a pot of Earl Grey and a slice of cheesecake. Ahh, the quiet. . .

























Ahh, the relaxation. I miss that plus the comfy king-sized bed at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment