Monday, September 30, 2013

Arboretum Antics

I love the Children's Garden at the Morton Arboretum. I think it is beautiful, and I love how there is a guard so that my children cannot just leave. Henry loves the climbing parts the best.





































Last week, I had three doctor's appointments, and several hours to kill in between them. So I met the boys for some outside time.





































I hadn't been back to the Arboretum in awhile, so it was fun to check out all of the children's exhibits.






































They had a stack of hay and some pumpkins for exploration, and the boys loved moving the pumpkins back and forth between the haystacks. . . .



















. . . not to mention climbing on the haystacks. Hey, this is a hands-on place, remember.  ;)





































Henry did not want to let go of this gourd.





































After the haystacks, we went to walk on the rocks. I rolled up their jeans and made both Nick and Henry take off their socks and shoes. I was thinking they'd wade a bit, and the rocks were a definite hit.





































Wading, however, soon devolved into belly-flopping and splashing. It was only in the low 70s that day, but my guys didn't seem chilled in the slightest. We ended up having to change both boys from the skin out.





































Henry adored the flowers and kept trying to pick them. In this picture he was pointing at the flowers and saying his version of "Look at the flowers!"





































We spent a decent amount of time on the playground as well. I think if I mimicked their movements on the playground, I'd burn thousands of calories.






































Nick can move with incredible speed. Agility? Not so much. But he's got the energy factor down pat.






































No comments:

Post a Comment