Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I went through most of my life thinking that I wasn't Irish at all, though I knew I had some Scotch-Irish ancestors. According to a DNA test my mom recently had done, though, my mom is 12% Irish by blood. That would make my kids perhaps 3% Irish. (I'm not sure on the math, anyway.)

























Irish or not, they still look good in green! Since Henry's school held his annual IEP meeting today, I got to spend part of the day home with the boys. I made cookies with green sprinkles, but I had to hide the sprinkles from Henry, who wanted to keep them for himself, in his room.

























We might not have had the luck of the Irish, but it was certainly a good day! Nick had a "green" day in school (green=good, it's a behavior system) and Henry got a special sticker for being extra-good on the bus (also in green). Nick did some phenomenal reading for me tonight, and earned some praise and some extra coloring time. He also tried Irish Dancing, after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKCHgwzMjhw  I only got a few seconds of it, but he danced for quite awhile. His feet moved pretty fast. Maybe his 6% is expressed with his dancing?




I took Henry out shopping with me, and we made a detour through the car wash. For Henry, it's a pretty exciting trip.

























So, for $5, I can get my new car washed and entertain Henry. Not too shabby.



I spent part of last weekend downtown celebrating my friend's birthday (more about that later). For the first time ever, I got to see the Chicago River when it was green.



No comments:

Post a Comment