Sunday, August 21, 2011

Milwaukee Vacation: An Evening By The Lake

Our first night in Milwaukee, we decided to find a restaurant with a view of Lake Michigan. Using my fancy dancy new cellphone, we found Harbor House, a seafood place with a killer view. After the pregnancy rollercoaster I was on over the last year and a half, it was wonderful to have a glass of wine while looking out at the skyline and the seagulls. 




















I will admit, however, that Greg ended up having to finish my wine. I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. What was even more amazing than the view, the food, and the wine, was the simple luxury of eating a meal without having to duck at food thrown by a two-year-old. Also absent was that terrible feeling of "Oh boy, that's my child creating the ruckus." This cheesecake, however, absolutely made my day.



















The lakeside was really lovely at night. These pieces of art moved with the wind, and the moon in the background really made for a spectacular night. We also lucked out with excellent weather, in the 70s with a nice cool breeze.







Peaceful and somehow exhilarating, strolling along the lakefront relaxed us in a way that was almost unfamiliar.




And the best part? The thought of a full night of sleep to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment