Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Month Old

Today my littlest man, Henry, is one month old. Doesn't he look pleased about that?


















I love his adorable little toes, and I think he's starting to get chunky. I don't know how much he weighs--his one month appointment isn't for another week--but he's definitely heavier than when he was born! Check out the difference in the pictures below. In the one on the left, Henry was only 6 days old. I took the one on the right today. I think he's definitely bigger. Or more round.



l



Henry's Aunt Sarah told me she thought it looked like he was announcing that he's four weeks old in the picture below, so I had to repost it. It's kind of a neat coincidence that he held up exactly four fingers.




























So how did Henry spend his day? Well, he celebrated reaching the ripe old age of one month by taking a nice nap with his daddy.






















I, on the other hand, did some baking. My mom's birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and just like last year, Greg and I are going to make her a themed dinner for her present. The theme for this year is Spain, so I've been researching Spanish recipes, and I want to try out several this week. Today I tried Magdalenas, which are a Spanish tea cake. I got the recipe here, and they turned out delicious--not too sweet, but melt-in-your-mouth yummy.




















Nick loved them, and he ate two.





































Henry, on the other hand, is too small to eat a Magdalena. He was not happy about this, but he helped me make a grocery list anyway.







































Lately Henry loves bouncing in his bouncy seat, especially when I bounce it really hard with my foot. Nick likes to dance to the music on Henry's bouncy seat.







No comments:

Post a Comment