Thursday, June 24, 2010
All By Himself!
He can do it! My little boy is growing up. He climbed up the stairs, sat down on the slide, and went down by himself (after watching a little girl do it first). Nick loves to go to the park, and he even has a special name for it. He points when he sees a park and says, "Whee!" As in the noise he makes when he goes down the slide.
Here's a list of some other things Nick can now do by himself. He's learned all of this in the last two months. When I sat down to make this list, I was more than a little surprised. I'm quite proud, as well, but I think I understand now why I've been a little tired lately after a day spent with Nicholas!
Nick's "All By Himself List." He can. . .
1. Climb onto the couch.
2. Climb out of the bathtub.
3. Eat with a spoon (depending on the food).
4. Get into his Cozy Coupe, shut the door, and honk the horn.
5. Ask me to read him a story. (He says it "Stoodee," or sometimes, "Pees Stoodee," and even once "Pees Uppees Stoodee," as in "Please, up, story")
6. Drink from a full sized cup with a straw. Even when it's a frappucino.
7. Take off his diaper. (When he's not wearing pants over the diaper.)
8. Turn on the tv manually by standing on his tiptoes. (And turn it off, and change the mode. And change the channel. And turn up the volume. And turn it on again.)
9. Pick strawberries and flowers.
10. Ride the seesaw, if it's a short see saw.
11. Get in and out of the pool.
12. Unzip my purse, grab the wallet, undo the snap, and empty everything onto the floor.
13. Remove the batteries from the tv remote.
14. Climb on the couch, grab the remote from the end table, remove the batteries, and throw them behind the couch.
That's my boy. :)