Sunday, April 25, 2010

In some ways, boys are all the same. . .

. . . they love climbing on things, and sticking out their tongues.






















Slides are all well and good. . .





















. . . but climbing up them is even more cool.






















Little boys love to play with their toys, but a stick makes the best toy. If a little boy is holding a stick, it will always be used as a weapon. Nicholas used this particular stick to bang on the slide, the wood chips, and his daddy's left leg.























Nick was very sad that he couldn't spend the weekend outside due to the rain. In fact, except for a short walk with daddy today, he stayed inside all weekend. Poor guy kept saying "Outside!?" and then looking at us with his puppy dog eyes. He must've pointed towards the door a thousand times, and he is tall enough now to hang on the doorknob and try to turn it. I was kind of sad, too, because I couldn't work in the garden. Instead, I got the whole master bedroom, bathroom and closet cleaned (with help) and did what seemed like seven million loads of laundry.

Boring weekend, but I'm excited for dinner tonight. My husband is grilling us carne asada with peppers, green onions, and mushrooms over brown rice. He already made homemade guacamole. I love when Greg cooks from the Williams-Sonoma Mexican Cookbook. My mouth is watering already. I'll leave you with a video of Greg taking Nick down the slide.



2 comments:

  1. Has he got to the point where he's trying to throw the wood chips up the slide? Cause that's just good times. Especially if you can throw another sibling into the mix who is trying to come down the slide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't throw wood chips, but occasionally he does try to eat them. I'm sure he'll figure out how to throw them soon. Nick is already throwing books and broccoli and beans at me.

    ReplyDelete