Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just the face you want to see at the end of the day

After a long day of teaching as well as printing, highlighting, and stapling 42 report cards, I was so happy to finally get home and play with this happy-faced boy. He was in an especially good mood tonight, and just wanted to play with me. So I indulged him and sat on the floor with him for a good hour.
Then, at dinnertime, I decided to let Nick have a Halloween Oreo. Yes, I know that they are messy and not very healthy, but I knew he'd like it and I wanted to see his reaction to this sweet treat. (I also had a craving for them myself, but I kept it under control and only had 3.) I'm hoping my husband quickly eats the rest before I get tempted again. That is usually what happens when I bring chocolate into the house.

Nick did indeed like the Oreo, but he also made such a mess that a bath was necessary. It's neat to see all of the interesting things he'll eat each night. Tonight he had a slice of turkey, grapes, cheerios, and baby cereal with peaches. He's also getting better about drinking from a sippy cup, although he doesn't like the fancy ones with the handles and the "no-drip" technology. No, no, not him. He likes the old-fashioned kind that you can use to drip milk on the highchair. I believe Nick has figured out that the milk gets the kitty to come by him. His bait worked, as you can see.

All in all, it was a relaxing night. Even if I did eat Oreos while watching The Biggest Loser. Seems almost sacreligious, somehow.



No comments:

Post a Comment